Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A place to rest.

Harvest is upon us friends.



When I began thinking about what to write about today, I admittedly didn't have a clear direction on where to begin.  There are many things that go on behind the scenes of creating a home...some which apply to our personal situation and some which are pretty universal!! Like most mornings, I took a few minutes to read my devotion for the day and today's topic was rest.

The irony of discussing *rest* during harvest season is not lost on me.  It is during this time that our family is deeply reminded of how valuable rest is to each and every one of us.  And, isn't it also one of the main functions of a home?? To rest.  Decorating may seem like we are lost in the bustle of picking out paint colors and throw pillows, but behind the scenes we are really creating an atmosphere.

A place that's comfortable.  A place that shuts out the world.  And also, a place where we can rest.

One of my favorite rooms in our home which does just that is our bedroom.  For us, it's a perfect place to crash at the end of the day.

xo,


No comments:

Post a Comment