Sunday, March 3, 2013

Here it goes!!!


Welcome to Gracious Farmhouse!!  Since I first discovered the “blog world” several years ago, I have enjoyed reading the ideas of so many talented individuals!  And there are SO many!!  I began thinking a blog of my own would be a great opportunity to document the projects we have completed in our own home if for no other reason than to have a journal of our accomplishments.  And, maybe a place to hash out some current ideas and inspirations too???  So, after much encouragement from family and friends….here it goes!  Who knows if I can catch on to this and keep it up….but I’m willing to give it a try!

I have always been drawn to beautiful old houses.  Something about their intriguing lines and interesting details combined with the history they hold within their walls is just appealing to me.

via Country Living
Photographed By: Steven Randazzo







See a trend??  My husband, 3 children and I are living our dream in...you guessed it... an old white farmhouse! Well, most days it's like a dream...some days a fresh start in a new house with nothing to fix certainly has its appeal, haha!





circa 1993

These are a few aeriel pictures that have been taken of this farm over the last few decades.  Stay tuned: current pictures to be revealed at a later date.

Our house is over 100 years old and has been in the family for 60 of those years.  It has been through many transitions and seen lots of updates all while providing the shelter for many special memories in our family!  Almost eleven years ago (EEEK!! has it really been that long?!?!), a new season began in this "house" and my husband and I slowly began transforming it into our "home".  It has been so fun to create our little nest and a place for the special memories of our own little family.


Our greatest accomplishments :)


When I first began trying to decide which direction to take our interiors, my biggest challenge was commitment!!  I had so many ideas spinning in my head it was very overwhelming trying to make decisions for each room that would feel cohesive in the end.  I "may" have changed my mind a "few" times and developed a "collection" of fabric and wallpapers from said mind-changing....which, of course, I still get constantly teased for.  :)

Source: Pinterest

After all of that, however, I can honestly say that while my love and appreciation for many areas of design has not changed, I have found an aesthetic that represents me and is comfortable for our family.  I still have the occasional crazy idea from time to time, but for me my house is kind of my laboratory!  If I can't try it out here....where will I try it??  HA!          


Source: Pinterest


Our farmhouse has been gracious to us.  It has given us a place to discover who we are as individuals, who we are as a family, and what our goals and dreams are.  Our home has evolved over the years, as I suspect will continue, much like our family and at the end of the day that is what all this really boils down to for me.  Creating a cozy place to curl up and make memories with the people most precious to you...special friends and cherished family.  I hope you enjoy my little stories about our many projects at our gracious farmhouse!!! 


xo,




No comments:

Post a Comment